Gnome 3 gnome-control-center empty
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I recently installed GNOME 3 on my Mint installation. I finally cracked under pressure from my friends to upgrade back to GNOME 3 (I actually went Unity > GNOME 3 > Mint)
I've customized it to my liking, but there's still one thing bugging me.
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens. Then, when I try to load "gnome-control-center" from terminal, I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets. I get no errors from the terminal either.
Any pointers (No C jokes please) on this?
gnome3 settings
add a comment |
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I recently installed GNOME 3 on my Mint installation. I finally cracked under pressure from my friends to upgrade back to GNOME 3 (I actually went Unity > GNOME 3 > Mint)
I've customized it to my liking, but there's still one thing bugging me.
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens. Then, when I try to load "gnome-control-center" from terminal, I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets. I get no errors from the terminal either.
Any pointers (No C jokes please) on this?
gnome3 settings
add a comment |
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I recently installed GNOME 3 on my Mint installation. I finally cracked under pressure from my friends to upgrade back to GNOME 3 (I actually went Unity > GNOME 3 > Mint)
I've customized it to my liking, but there's still one thing bugging me.
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens. Then, when I try to load "gnome-control-center" from terminal, I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets. I get no errors from the terminal either.
Any pointers (No C jokes please) on this?
gnome3 settings
I recently installed GNOME 3 on my Mint installation. I finally cracked under pressure from my friends to upgrade back to GNOME 3 (I actually went Unity > GNOME 3 > Mint)
I've customized it to my liking, but there's still one thing bugging me.
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens. Then, when I try to load "gnome-control-center" from terminal, I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets. I get no errors from the terminal either.
Any pointers (No C jokes please) on this?
gnome3 settings
gnome3 settings
asked Oct 28 '11 at 6:12
iAndr0idOs
465
465
add a comment |
add a comment |
2 Answers
2
active
oldest
votes
up vote
1
down vote
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens.
Check your ~/.xsession-errors, maybe it helps you with this (like, why didn't anything happen? Maybe some $PATH issue, if you installed the GNOME 3 stuff in a custom directory.)
I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets.
Sorry, no idea about this issue. Depending on whether you used your distributions packages, you could scrabble about bugs.gnome.org or Linux Mints bugtracker (maybe peeking into #gnome could help, too).
add a comment |
up vote
-1
down vote
env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center
New contributor
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
3
Hello and welcome to the Unix and Linux stack exchange. Could you please edit your post to include additional context as to why you think this is an answer to the question? Thank you!
– kemotep
2 days ago
add a comment |
2 Answers
2
active
oldest
votes
2 Answers
2
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
up vote
1
down vote
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens.
Check your ~/.xsession-errors, maybe it helps you with this (like, why didn't anything happen? Maybe some $PATH issue, if you installed the GNOME 3 stuff in a custom directory.)
I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets.
Sorry, no idea about this issue. Depending on whether you used your distributions packages, you could scrabble about bugs.gnome.org or Linux Mints bugtracker (maybe peeking into #gnome could help, too).
add a comment |
up vote
1
down vote
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens.
Check your ~/.xsession-errors, maybe it helps you with this (like, why didn't anything happen? Maybe some $PATH issue, if you installed the GNOME 3 stuff in a custom directory.)
I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets.
Sorry, no idea about this issue. Depending on whether you used your distributions packages, you could scrabble about bugs.gnome.org or Linux Mints bugtracker (maybe peeking into #gnome could help, too).
add a comment |
up vote
1
down vote
up vote
1
down vote
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens.
Check your ~/.xsession-errors, maybe it helps you with this (like, why didn't anything happen? Maybe some $PATH issue, if you installed the GNOME 3 stuff in a custom directory.)
I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets.
Sorry, no idea about this issue. Depending on whether you used your distributions packages, you could scrabble about bugs.gnome.org or Linux Mints bugtracker (maybe peeking into #gnome could help, too).
Whenever I click "System Settings" from my menu, nothing happens.
Check your ~/.xsession-errors, maybe it helps you with this (like, why didn't anything happen? Maybe some $PATH issue, if you installed the GNOME 3 stuff in a custom directory.)
I get the System Settings window, but with no capplets.
Sorry, no idea about this issue. Depending on whether you used your distributions packages, you could scrabble about bugs.gnome.org or Linux Mints bugtracker (maybe peeking into #gnome could help, too).
answered Oct 28 '11 at 7:23
sr_
13k3142
13k3142
add a comment |
add a comment |
up vote
-1
down vote
env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center
New contributor
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
3
Hello and welcome to the Unix and Linux stack exchange. Could you please edit your post to include additional context as to why you think this is an answer to the question? Thank you!
– kemotep
2 days ago
add a comment |
up vote
-1
down vote
env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center
New contributor
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
3
Hello and welcome to the Unix and Linux stack exchange. Could you please edit your post to include additional context as to why you think this is an answer to the question? Thank you!
– kemotep
2 days ago
add a comment |
up vote
-1
down vote
up vote
-1
down vote
env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center
New contributor
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center
New contributor
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
edited 2 days ago
Michael Mrozek♦
60.3k29187208
60.3k29187208
New contributor
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
answered 2 days ago
Ofloo
1
1
New contributor
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
New contributor
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
Ofloo is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
3
Hello and welcome to the Unix and Linux stack exchange. Could you please edit your post to include additional context as to why you think this is an answer to the question? Thank you!
– kemotep
2 days ago
add a comment |
3
Hello and welcome to the Unix and Linux stack exchange. Could you please edit your post to include additional context as to why you think this is an answer to the question? Thank you!
– kemotep
2 days ago
3
3
Hello and welcome to the Unix and Linux stack exchange. Could you please edit your post to include additional context as to why you think this is an answer to the question? Thank you!
– kemotep
2 days ago
Hello and welcome to the Unix and Linux stack exchange. Could you please edit your post to include additional context as to why you think this is an answer to the question? Thank you!
– kemotep
2 days ago
add a comment |
Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.
Please pay close attention to the following guidance:
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f23449%2fgnome-3-gnome-control-center-empty%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown